Monday, February 6, 2012

Princess-y Nails

For some reason I HAD to have pink nails yesterday. That rarely happens but I did a little experimenting and came up with a pink mani I really liked.




I have been swooning over Marta's swatches of Kim-Pletely in Love and since I don't have that exact shade, my inspiration for this mani came from the gorgeous pink polish. I used 1 coat of OPI-Pink Friday, then 2 coats of China Glaze-Go Go Pink which is very sheer and lightened up the base a bit. Then one coat of OPI-Servin' up Sparkle and SV for some shine. I loved the way it turned out, a very soft pink but the holo sparkles added a little bit of fun to the mani.
What do you think of this look, and what is your go-to pink polish??


7 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! I don't use pink as often as I should.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @June-Thank you! Neither do I, but I have a feeling there may be a lot more pink polish in my future!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you tried to capture a look that you were liking without necessarily buying one. I've been thinking to do that and you have given me inspiration; thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, forgot to tell you... I love this mani! A princess-y look is exactly what I've been wanting too.

      Delete
    2. @Courtney-That's awesome, I'm so glad I could inspire you! Lately I've gotten very into layering polishes. It's so much fun and it's amazing how you can transform polishes into something different and beautiful!

      Delete
  4. This is so beautiful!! You can't go wrong with pink and glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a sweet looking manicure.
    I don't wear pastel pinks often enough :(

    ReplyDelete